Thursday, January 1, 2015

It begins

THE INDEX


Video Game Reviews

I have a huge collection of video games, some of which I haven't played in years. Some of which I have NEVER played! I figured, as a way of keeping track of what I have played and what I haven't, that I would go through each game one by one in my collection, play it, and write a review on it immediately after finishing it. I'll know my job is finished when I have nothing left to review. I've indexed each review by system to make things easier to track.


Atari 2600 Reviews (7):
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns

Arcade Reviews (48):
Willow
X-Men

NES Reviews (41):
Toki

Sega Master System Reviews (4):
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Rambo: First Blood Part II

Sega Game Gear Reviews (1):
Sonic Blast

Game Boy/Game Boy Color Reviews (9):
Wendy: Every Witch Way

Game Boy Advance Reviews (5):
The Revenge of Shinobi

Super NES Reviews (33):
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse


PC Reviews (6):


TurboGrafx-16 Reviews (4):
Bonk’s Revenge

TurboGrafx-CD Reviews (1):
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Genesis Reviews (51):
Aladdin

Sega CD Reviews (10):

Sega 32X Reviews (3):

Saturn Reviews (21):
Alien Trilogy
Virtua Cop 2

PlayStation Reviews (35):
Xenogears

Nintendo 64 Reviews (19):
Banjo-Kazooie

Dreamcast Reviews (8):
Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins

Nintendo DS Reviews (1):
Candy Crush Jelly Saga
Paradise Bay

PlayStation 4 Reviews (87):
Abzu
Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool (SNES/Genesis)



Not counted as actual reviews:

Re-Reviews (17):

Movie Rankings

Each year I usually will rank every single movie I watch from least favorite to most favorite. The following links contain each movie ranking entry by year. Note that nearly each year I tweak the format of my ranking slightly to keep things interesting.


2014 Rankings:

2015 Rankings:
2015 Movie Ranking: #50 to #36

2016 Monthly Rankings:

2020 Movie Rankings:

2021 Movie Rankings:

2022 Movie Rankings:

2023 Movie Rankings:

2024 Movie Rankings:

Random movie discussion:
My thoughts on the Human Centipede 3


VHS Tape Archives

I have a large number of VHS tapes at home, each chock full of things that I had decided to tape off of TV over the years. I recorded a lot of reality shows as well as some funny and memorable moments from sports broadcasts, the news, and talk shows. Just a lot of random crap really. Once I filled each tape up, I'd give it a silly name, put it in a shoe box, and stash it away. I stopped doing this once the Youtube era began, since you can find basically anything and everything online that you want to watch.

But still, a fun pastime of mine is to go through these tapes and write down what is on each one. I have been doing this over the years and then transferring my results to this blog. 




Book Discussion

I read a LOT, but I actually don't have too many book discussion blog entries. This is something I'll have to remedy. The Game of Thrones discussions could possibly also fall under TV show discussion, but I'll leave them here so Stuff I've Been Reading doesn't have to feel so lonely.


TV Show Discussion

General thoughts on the various TV shows I watch. Occasionally I will go through my rotation of shows, watch one episode from each series - and then post a blog entry about my experience. That is what "Trip through my TV rotation" is all about. The "Season 1 Episode 1" thing is from a weekend where I decided to watch the first episode of several shows to see what I liked the best that I could add to my rotation. I also started writing recaps for the series 11.22.63 but for some reason stalled out after three episodes.

Final Thoughts: Sons of Anarchy
Final Thoughts: Breaking Bad
Final Thoughts: Big Brother 9
Trip through my TV rotation #1
Trip through my TV rotation #2
Trip through my TV rotation #3


RIP

Farewell to my friend, the Wisk
My Friend Aaron



(Original blog post before the Index was edited in)

January 1st
2015


I don't do New Year's resolutions. The fact that this is January 1st of 2015 has nothing to do with it. This is simply a convenient starting date. Opening a blog has been something I have wanted to do for a while now.

Don't expect anything of great substance here. I lead an exceedingly boring life. I go to work everyday at a call center. I come home and watch movies, play video games, and constantly surf message boards, Facebook, and sports websites. I also watch a lot of random crap on Netflix. I am married, have no kids (yet) and lead a pretty content life. 

I'm a very shy individual. I keep everyone at an arm's length until I really get to know them and feel completely comfortable with them. I'm a horrible conversationalist. I don't make friends easily. Not that I don't want friends, I just suck at talking to people. I never approach or start up conversations with strangers. Just the thought of it scares me to death. At least I am not oblivious to my awkwardness. I realize it is there. It's just hard for me to do anything about. It is slightly different online though. I guess it's easier for me to communicate through a screen rather than in person. Which I am sure isn't that unusual if you research it. Which I don't plan to do. But I'm willing to bet that a lot of people feel the same way.

Why am I starting this? Maybe on the off chance that if people actually read this, they can kind of understand me a little bit more. Plus I actually do have some fun things I plan to do, like ranking all the movies I watched in 2014 as well as talking about sports (the Badgers beat Auburn today at the Outback Bowl in overtime today... how exciting!) reviewing TV shows and movies. And just talking about life. If you have any questions for me or things you want me to discuss please let me know. I am open to comments, suggestions, all sorts of things. The more people read this and the more participation there is, the more likely I will be to have fun and continue to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment