Monday, November 9, 2015

Which shows made the cut?

I have done some deliberating and have decided which shows I shall add to my rotation. My current show rotation stands as is:


Friday Night Lights
Criminal Minds
Chuck
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
The X-Files
The Twilight Zone
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dr Who
Big Brother 9
Survivor Cambodia


That is 11 shows. Usually I keep about 18 or 19 in my rotation, so I actually have room for 7 or 8 more shows to add. However, the following shows are in my rotation, but I am taking a break from them in between seasons:

How I Met Your Mother - Start of Season 3
Hannibal - Start of Season 3
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Start of Season 8
Mad Men - Start of Season 2

So that is really 15 shows in my rotation when I add these to the mix. And who knows when more seasons of other shows such as Ultimate Spider Man and the Following will be added to Netflix?

So I am going to stick with my initial plan and add only 5 shows from the weekend to my rotation. These shows are:

Heroes
Rectify
The 100
The Returned
Raising Hope

The following shows didn't make the cut:

Arrow
Enterprise
Weeds
From Dusk Till Dawn
Spartacus
Wentworth
How to Get Away With Murder
Longmire
Bloodline

However, all hope is not lost for these shows. I am nearly finished with season 3 of Chuck. I am also nearly finished with Friday Night Lights, season 1. When I finish these seasons I plan to set these shows aside and take a break from them for a while. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will be inserted back into my rotation in place of Chuck. Bloodline will replace Friday Night Lights. I have to have a little Kyle Chandler in my Netflix rotation at all times.

Additionally, I am nearing the end of Buffy season 2 and the X-Files season 3. But those will probably be a few more weeks.

When I am done with those, I plan to add Wentworth and From Dusk Till Dawn to my rotation.

This is a strategic move. From Dusk Till Dawn is only about ten episodes or so long, and shouldn't take me long to get through. Additionally, both Rectify and the Returned don't have a huge number of episodes. The Returned has 8, and Rectify has - I don't know - less than 20.

So that will be 3 more spots in my rotation that can be opened up for How to Get Away With Murder (another short series as there is only one season on Netflix) as well as Enterprise and either Spartacus, Weeds, or Arrow. I do plan to watch all of these 3 shows at some point. It is just not a priority right now. Longmire was my least favorite of all the shows I watched, so I won't rush to get that back in my rotation.

Long story short, I am going to get around to watching everything!

My new current rotation now looks like this:


Friday Night Lights
Criminal Minds
Chuck
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
The X-Files
The Twilight Zone
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dr Who
Big Brother 9
Survivor Cambodia
Heroes
Rectify
The 100
The Returned
Raising Hope


Only 16 shows as opposed to the tradition 18 to 20, but my hope is that with fewer shows I will get through some of these a little bit faster. When I finish my current season of Doctor Who (I have 7 episodes left) Torchwood replaces it. And then of course, a bunch of changes will be made once some of these other shows start getting bumped out of my rotation.

I know no one cares what I am watching, but I like to keep things organized. Hopefully there is some method to my madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment