Sunday, December 15, 2019

Re-Review #7: Castlevania

Castlevania
Nintendo Entertainment System

For my initial review of Castlevania, click



I recently purchased the Castlevania Anniversary Collection for the PS4. There are a ton of Castlevania games on this collection that I never had the chance to play growing up. While I am very excited to play some of these titles, I figured I’d give the first game in the series a quick replay before I moved on to them.

I’ve already played and reviewed this game before. It got an A+. It was always one of my childhood staples as a kid, and to this day I still think it is a pretty awesome game. Would anything change on my replay of the game? Nope.

I don’t even really know what to say that I didn’t say in my initial review. This is a wonderful game. Good graphics, tight controls, an awesome soundtrack, classic level design, and a difficulty level that perfectly walks that thin line between challenging and frustrating.




If you’ve never played this game before, I would recommend getting the Castelvania Collection just to check it out. Even if all the other games in the collection suck, this game itself makes it still worth it. The only other game on the disc I’ve played is Simon’s Quest (which I didn’t like as a kid and I am NOT looking forward to playing), but from what I hear the rest of the games on this collection are pretty good. Why not buy it? I can think of no good reasons whatsoever.

So yeah. Castlevania for the NES: it is a true classic. You need to play it and love it. And if you don’t love it, there is something seriously wrong with you.



Final Score:
A+




Other games I have re-reviewed:




No comments:

Post a Comment