Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Re-Review #14: Aladdin

Aladdin
Genesis

For my original review of Aladdin, click

A little over four years ago I reviewed Aladdin for the Sega Genesis. I hadn’t played the game growing up as a kid, so that was my first time playing it. I had heard so many good things about the game, I expected to be completely blown away by it. That was not the case. I liked the game, sure, but I put it on the same level as other Genesis platformers like Cool Spot, Judge Dredd, and Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude. That’s not any disrespect to Aladdin. I liked those games. But given all the hype, I had expected Aladdin to be better than what it actually was.

I recently played through the Super Nintendo version of Aladdin, which I had always read was the inferior version of the game. After finishing it and thinking “hey that was pretty good”, I decided to come back to the Genesis version of the game and play it again so I could compare the two. Which one would I end up liking more? Well, you’re just going to have to read my official review of the SNES version of the game, which I should be publishing sometime very shortly. 




As far as this version of the game: this should be a pretty short re-review. My opinion literally did not change one iota since the last time I played this game. I still liked it. I still had a good time. But at the same time I was still very underwhelmed by the game. I’m too lazy to go back and read my own re-reviews, but I am pretty sure this is the first time my opinion of a game has NOT changed even one tiny bit since I started doing them. I’m struggling to even think of what to write here. Every single thing I have to say about the game I already said in my original review.

So go read that?

Easy enough. I’m gonna save you all the time and energy and say that I’m officially done here. I have nothing to add. Aladdin gets the same final score it did the last time. Hope to see you soon for my review of the SNES game!



Overall:
B-

 

A few other games I’ve reviewed twice:


No comments:

Post a Comment