Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Blog post #200! A quick recap, plus an index of all my postings.





It took me exactly 3 years and 12 days, but I have finally reached 200 blog posts. If you're keeping track at home, that is an average of 1 blog post every 5.4 days. It doesn't seem like I post that much, but apparently I do.

Some interesting stats. My most reviewed video game system is the Sony PlayStation 3 with 30 game reviews. The Sega Genesis is in second place with 18. My least reviewed systems are the Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, and the Dreamcast with just 1 review each. Rest assured, I am working to bring those numbers up. I am currently playing Knights of the Old Republic 2 for the Xbox, so there will be another Xbox review. I am waiting for Sonic Colors to arrive from Gamefly, so there will be another Wii review. I've also been getting a hankering to play Gears of War 2 and Sonic Adventure, so that will take care of the other 2 systems as well.

My most reviewed video game series is a 3 way tie - the Mario series, the Resident Evil series, and the Star Wars series all have 6 games reviewed. I just finished playing Batman: Arkham Knight and I am working on the review. That will be the 6th Batman game I have reviewed. That will make it a 4 way tie. But Star Wars will soon break it with 7 since I am playing Knights of the Old Republic 2, as I already mentioned.

My most viewed blog entry is my recap for the first episode of the TV series 11.22.63 (probably because I posted it on a couple Stephen King fan groups as opposed to just on my own wall). My most viewed video game review is a recent one, Paperboy for Sega Genesis. My least viewed game review? There is a tie. The following game reviews only received 2 views: Super Mario 64, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Puppeteer, Tomb Raider Legend, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Especially sad is the fact that I know 1 of the views is from me as I always look at the finished post to get the link and also to make sure it posted okay. WTF people?

Other than that I have nothing to report. I have attached an index of every post I have made in case anyone is interested in going back and re-reading anything.

EDIT: I stopped updating this index when I hit 200 game reviews. I have a separate index up and running located here: It Begins. I had been updating both indexes every time I make a blog post, and I finally decided to stop updating this one since one index is really all I need.


THE INDEX

I have broken things into categories to make them easier to sift through.


Video Game Reviews

NES Reviews (17):
Blaster Master
Castlevania
Contra
Double Dragon
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Home Alone 2
Jurassic Park
Kid Icarus
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Thundercade

Sega Master System (2):
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Golden Axe Warrior

Super NES Reviews (9):
Batman Returns
Beethoven: The Ultimate Canine Caper
Chrono Trigger
Cool Spot
Demolition Man
Final Fantasy VI
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Crossroads of Time
Super Mario Kart
Super Star Wars

Arcade Reviews (6):
Guerilla War
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Shinobi
Smash TV
X-Men

PC (1):
Wolfenstein 3D

Genesis Reviews (24):
Aladdin
Batman Forever
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dynamite Headdy
Frogger
Golden Axe
Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude!
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Paperboy
Primal Rage
Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention
Shining Force
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Taz-Mania
The Incredible Crash Dummies
The Jungle Book
The Lion King
Tom and Jerry: Frantic Antics
Vectorman
X-Men

Saturn Reviews (7):
Alien Trilogy
Bug!
Nights Into Dreams
Solar Eclipse
Sonic R
The Legend of Oasis
Virtua Cop 2

PlayStation Reviews (16):
Fighting Force
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Silent Hill
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
The Weakest Link
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 3
Vandal Hearts
Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Second Edition

Nintendo 64 Reviews (8):
Banjo-Kazooie
Goldeneye 007
Quake 64
Star Fox 64
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Wave Race 64

Dreamcast Reviews (2):
Shenmue
Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage

PlayStation 2 Reviews (15):
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy X
God of War
God of War II
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Silent Hill 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Tomb Raider Legend

Gamecube Reviews (8):
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Star Fox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Xbox Reviews (3):
Shenmue II
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

PSP Reviews (2)
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Xbox 360 Reviews (2):
Gears of War
Gears of War 2

PlayStation 3 Reviews (37):
Alien: Isolation
Back to the Future: The Game
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham Origins
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Beyond Two Souls
BioShock
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Dead Space 3
Dishonored
Ducktales: Remastered
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry Classic
Flower
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series
God of War III
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
Journey
Lego Jurassic World
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Puppeteer
Resident Evil: Revelations
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Thief
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead Season Two
The Walking Dead: Michonne
The Wolf Among Us

Wii Reviews (4):
Sonic Colors
Super Paper Mario
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Wii Sports

Mobile App Reviews (3):
Bubble Witch 2 Saga
Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Soda Saga

PlayStation 4 Reviews (33):
Batman: Arkham Knight
Batman: The Telltale Series
Batman: The Enemy Within
Detroit: Become Human
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Horizon Zero Dawn
Inside
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage
Kingdom Hearts III
Lego Marvel's Avengers
Life is Strange
Limbo
Prey
Ratchet & Clank
Rayman Legends
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
Rime
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Sonic Mania Plus
Spider-Man
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
The Order: 1886
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Undertale

Re-Reviews:
Super Star Wars (SNES)
The Walking Dead Season One (PS3)
The Walking Dead Season Two (PS3)
The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS3)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

Special Guest Reviews:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Chrono Cross
Earthbound
Final Fantasy XV
Parasite Eve

Video Game Master List

Dan's 100th Video Game Review Extravaganza
In Review: 200 Game Reviews


Movie Rankings

Each year I usually will rank every single movie I watch from least favorite to most favorite. The following links contain each movie ranking entry by year. Note that I did it a little differently almost every year.


2014 Rankings:

2015 Rankings:
2015 Movie Ranking: #50 to #36

2016 Monthly Rankings:


VHS Tape Archives

I have a large number of VHS tapes at home, each chock full of things that I had decided to tape off of TV over the years. I recorded a lot of reality shows as well as some funny and memorable moments from sports broadcasts, the news, and talk shows. Just a lot of random crap really. Once I filled each tape up, I'd give it a silly name, put it in a shoe box, and stash it away. I stopped doing this once the Youtube era began, since you can find basically anything and everything online that you want to watch.

But still, a fun past time of mine is to go through these tapes and write down what is on each one. I have been doing this over the years and then transferring my results to this blog. Now that I look at this, I haven't done one of these in a LONG time (December 13, 2015 to be exact). I should get back on it!



Book Discussion

I read a LOT, but I actually don't have too many book discussion blog entries. This is something I'll have to remedy. The Game of Thrones discussions could possibly also fall under TV show discussion, but I'll leave them here so Stuff I've Been Reading doesn't have to feel so lonely.


TV Show Discussion

General thoughts on the various TV shows I watch. Occasionally I will go through my rotation of shows, watch one episode from each series - and then post a blog entry about my experience. That is what "Trip through my TV rotation" is all about. The "Season 1 Episode 1" thing is from a weekend where I decided to watch the first episode of several shows to see what I liked the best that I could add to my rotation. I also started writing recaps for the series 11.22.63 but for some reason stalled out after three episodes.

Final Thoughts: Sons of Anarchy
Final Thoughts: Breaking Bad
Final Thoughts: Big Brother 9
Trip through my TV rotation #1
Trip through my TV rotation #2
Trip through my TV rotation #3
11.22.63 Episode #3 recap
What's Dan Watching? (4.13.17)


Miscellaneous

It Begins (my first ever blog post, edited to include an index similar to this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment