Friday, March 8, 2024

500 Video Game Reviews. What an Amazing Achievement!



500 reviews, baby! Can you believe it? When I started this blog back in 2015, I didn't know how long I was going to be able to keep it going. Here we are, 9 years later, and I've just reached a pretty big milestone with my 500th game review.

I reached 400 game reviews on August 15, 2022. It is now March 8th, 2024. That means it took me a little over a year and a half to review 100 games. I suck at math, but that averages out to something like a review every 6 days or so.

My most reviewed console is the PlayStation 4, with 86 reviewed games for the console. I had reviewed 66 PS4 games when I hit 400 reviews, so that means that 20 of my last 100 reviews (20% of total games played) have been PS4 games. 

My next 5 most reviewed systems are as follows: PS3 (52), Genesis (50),  Arcade (48), NES (41), PS1 (34). My least reviewed systems are Nintendo DS, Turbo-GrafxCD, and Sega Game Gear with 1 game reviewed apiece.

My most reviewed gaming franchises are:
Batman: 15
Resident Evil: 14
Mario: 13
Star Wars: 13
Sonic: 13 (counted Knuckles Chaotix and Mean Bean Machine as Sonic games)
Castlevania: 9
Final Fantasy: 9
Contra: 8
Tomb Raider: 7

What are some classics that I still haven't tackled yet for this blog? Let's see. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy Tactics, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Super Mario RPG, Sonic CD, the original Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, Doom, Warhawk, Bully, Okami, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, God of War Ragnarok, Beyond Oasis, Shadowrun, Shining Force 2, Earthbound, Suikoden, Bloodborne, Perfect Dark Zero, Comix Zone, Golden Sun, the Rogue Squadron series, Banjo-Tooie, Jersey Devil, Croc, Diddy Kong Racing, and the Xenosaga games have all been on my mind lately. I was going to play Metroid Prime recently, but I discovered that the Trilogy disc I have for the Wii doesn't work on any of my Wiis anymore! I'll have to find another way to play those games somehow. But still, it's crazy to think I've tackled 500 games already and there are still so many good ones out there! I still haven't even reviewed a single Street Fighter game yet. Wow! 

There are some games I've been avoiding on purpose, either because I've already played them and I know they suck or I'll think they be too difficult. Some examples include: The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Superman 64, Zelda II, The rebooted Ninja Gaiden series, Sonic Spinball, Quest 64, Cuphead, Spider-Man and X-Men in Arcade's Revenge, Myst, the Donkey Kong Country sequels, etc. I'm sure I'll force myself to play through these someday.

I currently sit at 987 overall games played in my life. 500 reviews means that I've reviewed over 50% of every game I've ever played. That's pretty impressive, considering I just started this 9 years ago and I am 41 years old. That still means, however, that there are 487 games out there in my mental "backlog" that I need to track down, play through, and review. It's my eventual goal to have a review posted for every game I've played. Which sucks because that means at some point I'll have to play through Final Fantasy XIII again in order to review it.

That's about all I really have, for now. If you are reading this, thank you for reading. I post these mainly for my own enjoyment, but if there is anyone else out there who enjoys my content or relates to some of the things I have to say about these games, I am very glad I'm able to provide you some enjoyment with these reviews.

My next major milestone is hitting the 1000 games played mark, and as I mentioned, I am currently sitting at 987 games played in my life. When I hit 1000, I have something special planned that I hope you'll really enjoy. Aside from that, I'm planning to just keep plugging along and playing games and reviewing them. Eventually I will reach a point where I am struggling to find games to play and review, but I am nowhere even remotely close to that yet - and I think that's awesome.

Thanks again for reading! Y'all come back now, ya here?



For a complete index of all my past posts and game reviews, click


For a catalogue of all my review scores sorted by letter grade, click

No comments:

Post a Comment