Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Video Game Review Score Index

I have decided to create an index of my game reviews, sorted by score. I mean, I already have an index of all my posts and reviews HERE, but I thought it would be fun to see where things stand on the score spectrum.

Definitely some surprises when looking back over my old reviews. There are some games that don't deserve their high scores, like The Jungle Book for Sega Genesis. Good game, but it definitely isn't as great as everything else that got an A. There are also games I may have been too harsh on, such as the Mortal Kombat arcade games. I've made an oath not to change the scores for past reviews, since they were written with the games fresh on my mind. My opinions change over time, sure, but as much as it pains me to see some of these old scores I have to leave them as is!

I supposed it is time to get started.


A+

A


A-


B+

B

B-


C+


C


C-

D+


D


D-


F




Non-canon review scores, just for fun:

I'll start with aggregate scores for games that I re-reviewed. The first score listed is the original score, the second one listed is the re-review score. I took the average score between the two, with "ties" favoring the original score.

A+
Castlevania A+ and A+
Resident Evil 4 A+ and A+
Original Tomb Raider A+ and A+
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves A+ and A

A
Contra (NES) A and A+
Horizon Zero Dawn A+ and B+
Resident Evil Remake A and A 
Walking Dead Season One A+ and A-
Uncharted 4: A and A

B+
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series A- and B
Life is Strange B and A-
Walking Dead Season Two B+ and B+

B
Walking Dead A New Frontier A- and C-

B-
Aladdin (Genesis) B- and B-
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis C and B+
Super Star Wars B- and B
Walking Dead Michonne B and C+


Guest Reviews:

A+
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Earthbound

A-
Final Fantasy XV
Chrono Cross

B+
Parasite Eve



For a complete index of all my past posts and game reviews, click


No comments:

Post a Comment